[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

need help lowering a 328i

I have converted my 328 to the M-Technic body works but the car seems to sit a
little high.  I am now considering lowering it but need some advice from those
that know about these things.  First off, I like the way the car rides now.  I
don't want to race it.  Would just like it to look a little meaner.  I have
contacted the folks at Eibach.  They tell me they have Pro-Sport springs that
will lower the front and rear 1.25 inches.  They also say the I will not have to
re-shock the car if I don't go any lower.  Are they right?  They also advertise
that the alignment will be okay as is since the car is within it's travel
limits.  What do you think?  Are H&R springs a better choice?
I realize that putting shorter springs on will stiffen the suspension, but will
I loose the fine ride that I now enjoy?  I don't care if it's marginally
stiffer, but I don't want a race car either.  Will the OEM shocks work with this
application, or do I need to replace the shocks?  Finally, will the car bottom
out if I just go with the springs?.
Any knowledge any of you have regarding "lowering for show" would be
appreciated.

Dave Lehmann
1996 328i/A  M-Technic body
1986 528e/A 214,000 miles and untouched