[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E12> A/C fan blowing on slowest speed only...

All was well until the fan A/C fan stopped working... except for the lowest setting, which is
actually marked 0 but runs slow when the temperature knob is moved to the A/C side.  The same fan
speed switch operates the a/c fan and the heater fan.  The heater fan works ok on all speeds.  I
recently pulled out the a/c fan, as part of other work (evaporator replacement, stay tuned...) and
the fan got a new set of brushes, I was told.  After that the fan was a bit loud (high pitched buzz
increasing with the speed), but was blowing on all speeds... two weeks later, only the 0 speed
works...

Help!  I'm in Houston and it's now relatively cool at '90'! and overcast, but the sun's coming out
soon!

        Sergio
        '70 528i 180k................ juans@domain.elided