[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:Air Conditioning (Compressor Clutch)

From: "Matt R. Brumwell" <mbrumwell@domain.elided>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 00:24:50 -0500
Subject: <E30 M3> Air Conditioning (Compressor
Clutch)

The clutch is not engaging on the AC compressor on
my '88 M3.  The light comes on in thedash and the
blower works.  The fuse (20?) is OK.  I do not get 12
volts on the wirethat runs down to the compressor
right by the wiper fluid reservoir.  Is the
pressuresensor bad?  Is this the two prong connector
with the white block type pig tail by theview glass, or is
it the one with the rubber boot that connects right
where the view
glass is.
matt brumwell

They're both pressure sensor.  One is high, the other
is low.  I don't know which is which.  High sensor, low
sensor, and ice sensor can shut down your AC.

High pressure stops compressor when pressure
reaches 363 to 252 psi, and starts again when
pressure drops to 320 to 284 psi.

Low pressure stops compressor when pressure
drops to 32 to 24 psi, and starts again when pressure
reaches 28 to 34 psi.

Freeze protection switch is next to heater water valve
in the HVAC unit. Hope this helps.

- ------
anthony
- ------