[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:M3 LT advice??

lolla@domain.elided asks:

>1995 BMW M3 LW - 100 miles - never driven! (Still at dealer!)..
>and the price is.. $36,000.

This is the lowest I've heard a dealer asking for an LTW and is
substantially lower than the sticker on the LTW. So, it sounds like a good
deal to me.

>Does that sound good to you?! What should I look for? I read the specs on the
>M3 LT in the BMW Enthusiast page, but I'm looking for people who actually
>have it.  From what I heard I can forget about making it an everyday car
>unless I change the tires.  I'm also curious to know what does it look like
>from the inside compared to a regular M3.  Of course I won't install the
>racing accesseries either. I'm also interested in knowing what you think
>about the value of this car in the long run.  If I keep it in good shape,
>will this be a collector's item of the future? like the restored 70's 3.0
>CSL now?

There is really not much to look for in the car, you get what you see. A no
nonsense high performance car, who has undergone a good bit of weight
reduction. I am currently driving mine daily (just this week, until the
daily driver get fixed) and find it very civilized for street use. The car
also just got back from the historics and it was a hell of a lot of fun to
drive all the way up and down the coast . The lack of AC does not bother
me, but I do miss the tunes once in a while . Having owned a fully
appointed 325i E36 prior to the LTW it did not take me long at all to
appreciate the merits of the LTW on the performance arena, nor the comfort
features of the 325i.

I am not all that concerned about the future potential  of the car as a
collector's item for I did not buy it with a collector's perspective. I got
it to enjoy track events (schools, auto-X and the like) and driving in
general. Recently, there was a thread on the "collector" potential of the
car which indicates that current LTW owners on this list have similar
reasons for buying this great machine.

Owning an M3 LTW has been a very rewarding experience and promises to get
even better.