[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bosch Pricing

I'd just like to clarify a point Rodd Sidney made in a recent post regarding
Bosch pricing....Bosch "Jobber" price is typically higher that what garages
and dealers pay (they buy at Jobber less 15-20%) and sometimes higher than
discounted retail through the dealer.  Some examples are WR9LS spark plugs,
many of the remanufactured starters, alternators and distributors  (Bosch
does have a better warranty on these items), and especially many of the
oxygen sensors.  BMW will take drastic pricing actions when they see that
they're losing market share on particular categories of parts to the
aftermarket...unfortunately, many of these price changes are made on a
monthly basis and are not reflected in the Suggested Parts Price Book from
BMW.                                                       In dealing with
any mail order house, remember to factor in the cost of freight as part of
your total price. Try to get a competitive price locally ....its a lot
easier to handle warranty or misshipped items locally than over the phone.
Please don't think I'm trying to tell people not to buy from Rodd Sidney or
any other mail order house....my point is that the consumer must have
accurate facts and know his/her options.  SD
Steve D'Gerolamo c/o The Ultimate Garage,  Emerson, NJ  (201-262-0412)