[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Spark Plug Gap

Ryon writes:

From: "Ryon Christopher Warren" <warrer@domain.elided>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 14:31:29 -0400
Subject: <E12> Spark plug gap?!

Hi all-

Quick question, what do all of you U.S. 528i owners use for a
spark plug gap?  The three sources of information that I have
(Haynes, Chiltons, and original owners manual) all have a different
value.  Turns out I use the Haynes when I last did the plugs (3
weeks ago), which quotes the largest gap of the three (0.7mm), and
am experiencing a slight misfiring, especially when 'compression
braking' or 'engine braking' or whatever you want to call it (coasting
downhill in gear).  My feeling is to go with the owners manual, but
thought I should ask.

Consulting our BOSCH catalog they show a gap of .024". Since Bosch was the
OEM for the 81 528i new they would be the most reliable source. We are in
the process of putting together a chart with all Bosch BMW plugs and the
CORRECT Gap. we will post to our Evergrowing WebSite.We also Sell Bosch
Sparkplugs at WHOLESALE "Jobber" which is the price Dealers & Garages pay!
We pass the volume savings along to you. Rodd Sidney
Rodd Sidney                  BMW Dealer Marketing Web Page
bmwrodd@domain.elided     http://dealermarketing.home.ml.org
               Orderline 1-203-2071