[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Barry and the Valentine

Barry Wellman and the Valentine detector.

Barry, I can't speak for your particular situation, however I do have a
Valentine One detector and have used it daily for 2+ years in Alaska and
up and down the ALCAN twice. We have Photo Radar, Laser and various
other K-Band and garden variety radar units operating up here.
Smokies with cruising radar give me from a quarter mile up to several
miles (subject to terrain) warning with a beep, beep, beeeeeeepppppp.
Photo Radar is bizarre and hits a lot like laser with little warning or
I might get an eighth of a mile heads up again depends on the terrain..
Laser tho is 'right now" and the 3 hash mark bars light up on the
Valentine with a solid whine from it. No beep, beep, beep, on the front
end, just Beeeeepppppp. My ABS gets a good workout when it chirps solid
all of a sudden.