[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 318is Questions

To bmw-digest@domain.elided

Hey all!  I have a '92 318is E36, and have a few general
questions.

First:  Oil changes!  Is it alright to go to a Jiffy Lube or
some other 15 minute place, or is this something I must do
at the dealer?  I haven't called a dealer to get a price,
but do they charge a lot more at a dealer?

Second:  Wheels!  I've gotten a quote for OZ Monte Carlo 17"
wheels for $242 per wheel from America's Tire Co.  Does
anyone know the going rate for these wheels?  He said that
he had misquoted me, but the tirerack web site shows them at
$254-305, which is only about $12 higher.  And I had checked
on a number of wheels at America's, and they were always
cheaper than the tirerack.  Anyone know?  I remeber talking
to someone on the digest who got 16" OZ's for $229 on
closeout, so this does sound like a very good deal!

Third:  TIRES!  Right now I have 225-55/15 tires right now,
Michelin MXM touring tires.  I am upgrading to 17" rims, so
I'm looking at either 215-45/17 or 225-45/17, or even maybe
215 or 225-40/17.  Any recommendations?  My car has already
been lowered, I'm not sure how much though since I bought it
that way used.  I received a quote for Falcons (Cheapest),
but should I stay away from the cheapos?  I have seen
Sumitomo's on the tirerack for $142 which again are pretty
much the cheapos.  And also any recommendations on speed
ratings?  The Falcons were H rated, or HR rated with a top
speed at 130mph.

That's about it!  TIA for any reply!  See ya!

Raj
'92 318is, Dinan chip and exhaust