[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E39> Glass S/R F/S or trade

  I have a customer who does not want the glass panel sliding and lifting
sunroof which is standard on his '97 540i 6-speed.  We are in the process
of replacing the panel and mechanism with a 528i style steel panel roof.
If there are any readers out there who would like to upgrade their E39 '97
528i to the glass roof please let me know as a swap would make it
easier/cheaper for all concerned.  Interior color is Sand, exterior color
is unimportant as we already have the panel and it is painted in the
special order color.  This requires no painting or fabricating as you will
be swapping the entire S/R frame/cassette and all parts involved. Note that
the E39 528i will come only with the glass panel S/R beginning September
production, so the steel roofs will be (hopelesslly) out of date very soon.
Proximity to Virginia a bonus. The only cost to you would be your
technician's R&R time, we will trade parts and you get to keep you original
painted steel roof for wall decoration or zym=F6l practice.  A quick respons=
is required as parts will be ordered to do this from scratch soon if a
donor is not located.  Thanks for your indulgence.

Phil Marx    BMWCCA #6021 BMWMOA #2024 (804) 293-8269    fax (804) 293-0817
Bavarian Motor Warehouse, Inc.         Check out our Web page: See the M635C=
Si
416 W. Main St.                        and a few other lovely 2 & 4 wheel BM=
Ws
Charlottesville, VA.  22903            http://www.comet.chv.va.us/bav/