[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Smog Test 2 in Ca

Hello All!!

As you may or may not know California is on the brink of passing a tough smog
test.  Supposedly, it supposed to catch the 20% of cars that cause 50% of the
pollution or so says State Assemblyman Quentin Koop.  I would suspect that the
test is similar to the one in New Jersey.  Currently they are field testing the
program in the Sacramento area.

My question is, has anyone had any experience with getting either a '79-'80 528i
or '83-'87 533/535 to pass?  I was thinking of purchasing one of these types of
BMWs as a project car in the near future. I'm apprehensive because the cars may
not pass the Smog Test.  Any experiences from people who have undergone the
tests in New Jersey or the Sacramento area would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Herb