[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

DC Dealers

David Cohen wrote:
   >I have a need for a dealer in the Washington, DC area who will
>actually do something usefull service wise.  I can no longer deal
>with you can make an appointment for a day 3 weeks from now, only
>to have them not accomplish anything when I do get the car in.
>If you have had good experience with a dealer (service writer etc)
>please let me know - I could use it.  In addition to ongoing problems
>I now have the check engine light on and the engine seems to be "ticking"
>some.  The dealar says I can bring it in and they will put it on a priority
>waiting list (at least several days wait and no rental/loaner) or I can
>have an appointment on Sept. 12!!  I have asked to speak to the service manager
>but have not received a return call.

Sounds like you are talking aboue Heischmann in Arlington.  My brother also
needed to make an appointment with them, and they said 3 week wait also.
When I lived in Reston, BMW of Fairfax was always fair and competent, a
good-sized female was my service writer, and was pleasant to deal with.  I
have also heard nothing but positive things about Tischer in Laurel Md.  One
of the service writers there is apparently a BMWCCA member and is also fair,
from what I hear.  Ive heard that Heischmann is pretty good, hence the long
waiting period.  In contrast, a digester just emailed me and told me he went
to VOB for a part, and while there, they were practically begging him to let
them do some warranty work on his car immediately.  Thats how much work they
are apparently getting.  They even ran their usual line on him...that his
wheel roundels were fading or peeling and needed to be replaced.  Thats the
move they pull to try to suck you into their web of deceit.  Bastards.  Stay
away from them.

Ron
1992 318is
Bowie, MD