[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

OBC upgrade in 1997 528i

On Tuesday, Joe @ mazz+@domain.elided asked about a full upgrade OBC on the
new 5281.  There is considerable confusion about this and I cannot get a
convincing straight answer from any of the local 3 dealers (different
dealers, different stories).  That confusion is further enhanced by the
advertising in the BMW 1996 "Olympic" brochure (the one with the 5 silver
models on the cover #OLY3-0296-800) which explicitly states on page 35,
inside back cover, that "basic computer standard in 528i,***additional
functions optional***.  Despite the fact that the OBC upgrade is a listed
optional item in Germany (option codes #550/500), I've yet to get a clear
word locally.  Has anyone tried BMW NA?

Richard  A. Lewis  '84 528e @ 121 kilomiles
                   '97 528i in the Hunt for Beige October.....