[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[E30] Odometer failed - Speedo works

Hi!

I have been able to lurking on this list for ages, waiting for
something to go wrong so I could finally say 'hi'! :)

Anyway, I have a 1985 318i, and the odometer and the trip odometer
both stopped turning. The speedometer and tach are working. I was
wondering if I can assume the problem is in the console/odmeter
mechanism. In other words, is there one cable going from the
transmission into the console that drives the speedo & odo? If so, and
the speedo is ok, then the problem must be in the odometer itself?

Also, if I have to take the console out and apart, I was thinking
about replacing the batteries, which are dead. I read the instructions
in the repair FAQ, anyone want to rate the difficulty of this? Any
preparation advice?

Thanks!!!
jk
- --
| John Kordic    | jpdavid@domain.elided   |    //  Amiga!! :( :(       |
| Fight On USC!  | Go Kings! Go Ducks!  |  \X/  'O Bar E O Meu Lar!' |