[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<e30>brake clarification

In Regards to John Thomas's Question regarding E30 front brake pins,here's
some info.325's were built with either Girling or ATE front calipers.The
Girlings use stainless allen head pins that bolt through the caliper into
the carrier.The ATE calipers use a pin that is slid into a hole in the
carrier and a short bolt is bolted through the caliper into the head of the
pin.The bolts with the pads would have been for use with the ATE
calipers.Both calipers use the same pads.
Obviously you would need 4 bolts not 2.It is my understanding that both the
pins and the bolts are considered single use by BMW,I belive this is because
of a thread locking compound that is preapplied to the bolt threads.I have
reused both styles of hardware many times by using blue locktite with no
negative effects.

I hope this helps

Scott Theurer
Bavarian Autosport