[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

e30 steering rattle

I have owned my 318 is for 3+ years and have had to deal w/ this 3-4 times.
The fix is easy. Under the steering wheel there is a section of the dash
that needs to removed which will give you access to the steering linkage.
When you can see the linkage move the steering wheel back and forth and
you will see the problem. There is a nut which needs to be tightened. The
best way is to hold the nut with a wrench and grab the wheel and turn the
nut w/ the steering wheel. Turn it the right way to tighten.

This repair can be done 2X or so before the washer assembly will need to
be replaced.
I have not heard of a recall-- but would be interested to know if one exists.

Peter Bolmida
91 318 is
89 911 targa