[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

325iC questions

I've got a 1991 325iC that I bought a couple of months ago. The car has one
fault. The rear brake lights check function comes on intermittantly. by
intermittantly I mean, It always comes on somewhere in my 9 mile commute to
work. I start the car up, press the brake and the light goes out. Somewhere
along the route when I apply the brakes the light comes on. If I turn the
car off and back on, the light goes out only to come on again sometime
further on down the road. I've changed all the bulbs to no avail. The brake
lights work fine. (it's kind of ironic that the computer to indicate the
problem failed before the actual lights themselves).

Any suggestions?

Also, what manuals should I pick up for this car? I don't do as much work on
my cars as I used to but I still like to know what's going on so I can avoid
getting snowed by the mechanics. I got spoiled by my last car (1987 Acura
Integra which came with a great manual flow charts, easy to read diagrams
and limited to 1 model, 1 year). I'd like to find something that doesn't try
to cover every BMW from 1983-1996 but is a little more specific, say
1989-1992 BMW 325i series...

Thanks,

 John Metzger
|  John Metzger                       Senior Software Designer  |
|  metz@domain.elided                   Go Ahead Software         |
|  (206)882-1900 x225                                           |