[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<e28> Warm starting problem update

Ughh, again.  The car gods are angry with me.  I had my '86 535i towed to
the mechanic only to receive a call from the mechanic the next day saying it
started fine.  Now it starts fine again so my update is it has become
dormant no doubt to return whenever Murphy's Law says it must.  Any further
suggestions from digesters?  Main and fuel relays are new.  The next time it
happens I'll check for spark and hope to determine if it's ignition or fuel
related.  Thanks to all who responded previously and thanks in advance to
future responders.

The time at the mechanic wasn't a total waste since he found a short in my
brake light which I accidentally created when I installed new rear speakers.
Those replacing <e28> rear speakers should be careful when securing the
speakers since the brake light wires run where the screws can short them (as
in my case).

Joon
- - '86 BMW 535i, '85 Yamaha FJ1100, '74 Alfa Spider, '84 Chevy Blazer