[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<rear defroster help>

Could someone explain to me how the rear defroster & antennae (sp)
works?  I've just removed a HORRIBLE tint job that the prior owner had
done; in the process, I pulled off some (maybe 1/2 inch total) of the
lines.  Now when I'm listening to the FM radio and hit the rear
defroster, the radio goes to COMPLETE static and only a couple lines
work.  Sounds like I need to get some of that special stuff at a parts
store that one paints on and use a meter to find the break.  What are the
vertical lines (antennae?)  and are they not part of the defroster?  Are
they laid down on top of the defroster lines so voltage doesn't go thru
them?

Regards,
David
1992 318is
1988 325is for sale...excellent shape (in vermont) email for details

  David Moore                       The Wise are Instructed by Reason,
  Computer Dynamics                 The Ordinary by Experience,
  email dmoore@domain.elided    The Stupid by Necessity,
                                    and the Brute by Instinct.
                                    -- author unknown --