[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E24> <E28> gas smell, mini-tip for your FAQ

Recently I posted a request for help on a gas smell/leak (635 Csi)  with
which I received several replies. Oscar Luna suggested a broken transfer
pump, which caused gas to siphon up  and out. I investigated this the other
day, only to find the transfer pump was fine, but there were loose bolts
holding the pump in and the bolts holding the rest of the sending/receiving
tubes to the gas tank.
So if you have the nasty gas smell, and a little dripping around the filler
after filling the tank, it may only be a couple of loose bolts. I like fixes
like this :).
Blair
Blair E. Robertson
University of South Alabama