[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bullet Fuse Remedy

The older BMW models used to use bullet fuses which would often malfunction
due to poor fit or oxidation.  The fuse contacts should be cleaned on a
regular basis.  In fact, I used to change the fuses on an annual basis on my
2002 (at .05 each, it was cheap peace of mind).  When changing these fuses,
try to get the copper based fuses rather than the aluminum ones. Also, Wurth
Contact OL works great in all types of fuse boxes to remove oxidation.
(I just read today about an Anniston, Alabama resident who put a 22 caliber
bullet into the fuse box of a Chevy pickup (a perfect fit) and when the
circuit was energized, the bullet discharged hitting him in the knee...don't
try this on your BMW)
Steve D'Gerolamo c/o The Ultimate Garage,  Emerson, NJ  (201-262-0412)