[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: E28 Radiator Draining

Just pull the bottom hose off the radiator when the car is cold (I can't
believe there is not a pepcock though). I'm not real familiar with the E28
but if it has an external thermostat (like a 2002 or E21) you will need to
pull the horizontal hose going to the water pump to make sure the block is
drained also. When filling from the surge tank make sure there is sufficient
coolant in the block before starting the motor. Let the motor run with the
surge tank cap off adding coolant as needed and make sure the thermostat
opens before you cap the tank and start driving, let the car idle and keep
checking the temp gauge as you go (after the thermostat opens you will
probably need to add a little bit more coolant) feel the air coming past the
radiator it should be hot if it is not the thermostat has not opened yet.

Hope This Helps
R2002tii@domain.elided