[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

$#%@*! gremlins

Hi,  I just replaced the points and rotor in my 76 530i.  After I got
the distributor reassembled, I started it up.  First thin I noticed was
the engine was idleing at nearly 2000 rpm's (normally it idles about
900)  I took it for a five minute drive thinking the electronics might
reset.  No luck there.  The engine bucks and misfires in the low rpm's
gets a little beter about 2500 to 3000 Then goes crazy bucking and
misfireing.  The 76 has the j electronic injection system, and a
standard distributer.  I would be gratefull for any help as this is my
daily drive.  Thanks for the time.

			Matt Pierce
			aka Me

p.s.   Whoever posted the get rich quick scheam needs to knock it off.
I'm ticked at the way most of my other favorite info souces have been
swamped with that @#$*