[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 "Jumping Lanes" Suspension

A while back I remember a lengthy discussion about the strange suspension
phenomena with circa '92-93 325i(s) in which the suspension literally
jumps, or more accurately, follows road groves to the point where it
greatly affects steering.  I also remember a lengthy discussion about tires
as being the possible cause/remedy...I had experienced this pull or jumping
with my stock MXV4s, but not to any great extent.  I recently upgraded to
16" wheels with 205/55 D40M2s.  Great tires and ride but this suspension
pull/jump is now VERY noticeable, to the point at which I am extremely
concerned.

Did we ever get some answers on this suspension phenomena?  Anyone else
have their 325 jump/pull nearly into the next lane of traffic?

Incredible.

Jonathan
jlukens@domain.elided