[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Burnt Bulbs...

>Now that Frank mentions it, anyone replaced one of the bulbs that
>illuminatethe HVAC controls in >the center dash?

Yeah...replaced on my '92 325i because I couldn't see the knobs in the
dark..DOH!  On the 325 it's a single bulb that's behind the HVAC panel...to
replace mine I slid off the knobs, removed the attachment screws underneath
the knobs...The bulb is a flat base kind, extremely small (not sure exact
type) but readily available at any auto parts store.  Bulb is somewhat
recessed; I was able to GENTLY wriggle it out with a needle nose pliers,
install new, reassemble, done.

>And my drivers side power window switch light has gone out...Do I need to
>replace the whole >switch or just a bulb.  Any tips on how to do either of
>these is appreciated.

Again, on the 325, the entire switch needs to be replaced if your bulb has
burnt out.  The switches run $10-15 US and the auto up/down switches are
around $30-35 US.

Good luck!

Jonathan
jlukens@domain.elided