[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Power For Accessories

Please excuse this possibly stupid question from a first-time poster and
BMW newbie. I just jettisoned my '94 Integra GS-R for a brand-spanking new
'96 M3 (E36?).  This car is amazing, and I am thrilled with it.  I am
puzzled, however, about where to wire up my radar detector and telephone. I
was certain that I would be able to find an accessory terminal somewhere -
but to no avail. I removed the ashtray / cupholder and only found a light
for the coin holder that is switched-on with the lights.  There was nothing
under the instrument panel (another shock to me) either.  I know that there
are plenty of M3 owners with radar detectors, and those lighter-plug
adapters are just too ugly, and don't fit well. (The lighter receptacle
appears to be a little bit wider than standard.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to many years of
driving and reading pleasure.

Jeff Rutherford

'96 //M3 (Estoril Blue / 250 mi.)
'94 Acura Integra GS-R