[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mechanic from Hell, Final Outcome

Fellow Digesters,

Here is the outcome of the incident with the BMW mechanic:

First, I received a phone call from the Customer Service Rep, who was
appalled by my letter.  She "immediately went down to the shop to
substantiate the complaints, which were verified by the Senior BMW
mechanic(Dietmar)".  Tina was very upset by the way I was treated and said
she spent an hour "discussing the incident with the mechanic and his
supervisor".  She was very apologetic and offered to send vouchers for
gas(because of the distance) and a lube oil and filter change.  I was
promised that this mechanic would never touch my car again and that my
customer file will reflect that only Dietmar would work on it.  A record of
the incident will go in the employee's file.  I was told that Mr. Critz was
out of town and my letter would be waiting on his desk as soon as he
returned.  I should expect a call from him as well.

Second, I received a call from the Service Department manager.  He reiterated
what Tina said.

Last night I received a call from the company that handles service surveys
for BMW.  I did answer the questions concerning the service, because it was
an isolated incident.  I explained what happened and answered the questions
concerning my satisfaction with the dealer's handling of the problem.

In closing, the handling of this incident was quick and satisfactory.  The
dealer has bent over backwards to regain my trust and confidence.  They have
made several promises that I have requested.

When treated like crap - Write!
Fastlaane

I received my vouchers yesterday.  I feel confident that I can return my BMW
to this dealer for excellent service from now on.