[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 328iS SEATS

    Thanks, Carlos. I guess what they mean by Spotrs is NO PAIN
    NO GAIN. Sorry to see someone else has a similar problem. The best
    seating position I have found is with the front of the seat all
    the way down and then I rase the back to, as you put it, maximize
    contact. That gives me a pretty flat seat. Then I place a small
    cushion (about a 4" by 2" by 10" piece of foam) at the junction
    between the seat and the backrest. The cushion seems to help
    with the lower back pain, but the back of the leg problem seems
    to be more a matter of degree, never really going away.

     Another point that you rased is the over all driving position.
     While the press has given BMW high marks on this I find that
     if I position the seat to reach the wheel properly (wrists
     resting on the top of the steering wheel when fully extended)
     my knees are jamed against the wheel. And I am only 5' 11".
     If I place the seat to have the pedals properly placed I am
     too stretched out! This car really need a tilt, teliscoping
     steering wheel. (Not to mension a memory for the seat adjustment).

     I find it rather anoying that these features are in many cars
     costing 2/3 as much.

     By the way, if there are others with this problem please let me
     know. Perhaps if enough of us band together with the complaint
     then we can get some satisfaction out of BMW on this. After all, the
     BMW NA web site states the BMWs are luxury, performance and COMFORT!!

  john k...