[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E36><M3> Clutch Problems => Follow-Up

I appreciate the support and feedback I've received on the clutch
problems I'm having.  Based on some of the questions and comments I've
received, I'm providing the following additional information.

Any other BMW owners experience this problem or have any further
suggestions?  I plan on sending the letter to BMW NA at the end of the
month.  Thanks again in advance!!!

Vehicle Production Date:  10/94

Clutch "Pop":  You can feel and hear a muffled/dull "pop" from the
clutch linkage parts inside the cabin when the pedal is depressed.
It's as if a heavily greased ball and socket mechanism comes together
- -- like there's a need to tighten up the clearances between the parts.
Is this possible?

Clutch Vibration:  It is not unlike the sensation you would get making
a hard stop from 80mph with out-of-round or warped brake drums /
rotors.  Except (obviously...) you'd feel it through the clutch pedal.