[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: <E28> Largest Rims and tires.

>What are the largest Wheel/Tire combinations that people are using out
there?
<snip>
>Does anyone have 17's on their E28?  Did you need hub spacers for the front?

I am using late model M5 wheels (17"x8") on an e28 M5.  To fit 255/40-17's,
Dinan rolled the front and rear lips, installed 3/16" hub spacers in the
front,  and reshaped the rear inner fender wells.  Front camber plates and a
cambered rear sub-frame are also installed, but they probably aren't needed
for the fitment.  Tremendous amounts of grip!

I have inquired about wider rear tires but am told that that would be major,
major work.

Sherman.