[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

glorifying the tragedy ?

>> HEY!! Knock off the gross car crash stories!!! Blair made a good
point, now >> everyone else seems to want to top his story.  "Oh I saw a
bus load of toddlers >> smash into a train and I called 911..." etc etc
etc....  Yes there are certainly >> valuable tips to be learned from
being thrown headlong into a tragedy, but how >> about sticking to the
lessons, and not glorifying the tragedy...

I don't think anyone's trying to glorify tragedy here. Witnessing the
violent death of a fellow human being is disturbing, to say the least.
After 20 years in law enforcement I'm familar with violent death. I've
seen the spirits of good men corroded because they couldn't come to
terms with events such as have been described here. I've come to believe
we best explain things to ourselves by sharing them with others. I can't
think of a better reason to go off topic.

Bob Kegel

'70 2002