[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E36 M3> Squeak Police.

Ok, my M3's got about 14k miles on it now. However, there are many, many
extremely annoying squeaks/rattles. To just mention a few: one sounds like
it is coming from the glove compartment; the other is coming from the
little blank space directly underneath the on-board computer (it's the
cheesily built panel that extends all the way around the cigarette
lighter and an LED - the panel does not have a very tight fit, at least
on my car). I would have to agree with everything I've heard about
the quality of the BMW E36 interior...it sucks. The most annoying thing
has got to be the intermittent nature of the rattles though...one second
ok, the next second, you go over a bump, and...aaarrrggh.

Does anyone care to start a table of common squeaks/rattles and
associated fixes?

I'll contribute one: my rear seats were squeaking. One source of the
squeak is from the latches that hold the seat up. Lubing it should
help...but the biggest improvement came when I used a leather conditioner
on every part of the rear seats, including the gap at the bottom where
the seat pivots. If properly done, you should be able to swing the seat
up and down and hear no squeaking noises. I don't want to sound like an
advertisement, so if you care to know what type of conditioner I used,
drop me a note. I've tried 'em all...

Someone help me please :)

- -Chris