[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: <E30> M3 running hot

Thank you for all the responses about my beloved
E30 M3 overheating.  A lot of questions seemed to be
about whether the AC was on when the car
overheated.

Things I have observed:
*car overheats with AC on or off aux fan works when
AC is on (although AC doesn't work because of loose
electrical connection)
*only overheats when idiling
*upper radiator hose is hot & has pressure
(thermostat is working ok?)
*car has no fan shroud
*radiatior cap seemed OK, but I will get new one just
in case
*and I think the fan clutch is OK since I can't get it to
stop (I tried to stop it with the handle of a plier, can't
do it.)
*water pump was chaged recently (when I bought the
car). It's still shinny.

Can anyone tell me how to test my aux fan switches
and its wirings?  I want to make sure everything is
working OK before I core out or replace the ratiator.
Strange, this car has never overheated before.  Stu
Raike mentioned about the fan shroud.  Fan shrouds?
My car doesn't have one.  What the part number for
it?

Thanks again for all your help.

- ------
anthony