[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Subject: What's the HYPE with the "JIM C" chips?

"Eric Haywood" <craz-E-bone@domain.elided> wrote:

>I need some info and/or result data regarding aftermarket chips.  I see that
>there are quite a few owners who are impressed with the "JIM C" chip.  Who is
>he?  What's the deal with his chip?

Below is some info on the chip Jim did for my '95 M3.  You may wish to
reconsider using the word HYPE, although I doubt you did so derogatorily.

" Today we dynoed an M3 Lux at 273HP using ..

 1) Supersprint Headers/Exh. w/ Dr Gas crossover and stock cats
 2) Euro Airbox, HFM, and bigger Throttlebody
 3) Larger flow-matched ERT injectors
 3) Custom chip ...

 This is the HIGHEST HP I have EVER seen on an S50USB30 motor that
  has NOT been opened up ..

  The HP Peak is a flat line from 6000 thru 7000rpms producing 220HP at
  the REAR Wheels!!

  Torque is flat from 4250 thru 5700 in the 200 lb/ft range (rear wheel,
  about 250 at the shaft)

  I can also say that we dynoed 278HP for the track with a catless
  center section and a bit more tuning ....

  And that is ALL she wrote for the S50US/B30 motor .. there IS no more to
  be had !!

  Note, that BMW race guru T.C. Kline said that the HIGHEST HP they
  had EVER seen on a CSL motor, with headers/race exh. (no cats)
  and all the intake tricks you could muster was .. 268HP .."

Dinan makes fine chips--Jim makes _great_ones.

Best to all,
Tony
'95M3