[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 1985 535is

A question was asked about the longevity of the abovementioned car, as it
had 140K miles on it. I have a 1985 535i, (which I am selling, for $3950),
with 172K miles on it, and it runs perfectly. The B34 3.5 liter engine
lasts a long time before any work is needed. Mine is just a strong today as
it was when I bought it. The exhaust pipe has no black buildup inside it,
and there is no smoke, either after starting, under heavy acceleration, or
when you lift off the throttle.

I wouldn't worry about the mileage much. You might look into the driveshaft
though. My universals went at the 150K mile mark (~ $700 to replace), as
did the engine mounts (~ $120).

Regards;
Jerry

Regards;
Jerry       '95  M3      '93  325i      '85 535i (for sale)