[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E34> 92 525i 5 spd. Gas Mileage?

Hey all-

I am trying to figure out whether my seemingly poor (for a 525i not an M5)
MPG is normal. When I bought the car from the stealer (57K miles) it had
had all of the major service done. The best I have gotten is 23, and I
average around 20 most of the time. My daily commute is around 24 miles,
mostly rural freeway. I only hit 2 lights and 3 stops on the whole trip.
BMW rates the car at 19 city 28 HWY. I admit like most of the listers, I
drive the car the way it should be driven. But the 23 mpg was I80 cruising
for almost a complete tank, with the CC set.

Q: Am I looking at a bad O2 sensor? Shouldn't the stealers computer check
of the car revealed it? The car appears to be a bit slow off the line, and
idle was very mildly rough during the recent 108 degree days with the AC
on. I notice no sooty residue. Also, now that the temps have gone down, and
a bottle ofTechroline later the idle seems smooth.

Ideas? Are the BMW MPG numbers realistic? (I noticed a report of someone
picking up a 97 52e 5 spd getting 33 MPG, sowhat's the deal?

If you have a 525i 5 spd what are you getting?

Jim

P.S. If the bandwidth police don't like my message...Just email me privately