[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE:<E32> chips EEPROMs for 750 iL

<<<Is there a preferred chipset to upgrade the performance of the 750 iL.
realize 3 chips are needed.  What compromises exist?  Do the chips change
performance across the rpm range or only at wide open throttle?>>>

Hi Erik,
	I also have a '92 750iL and I opted for the Dinan engine &
transmission chips.  2 engine chips & 1 transmission chip.  I had the
chips and the Dinan exhaust put on at the same time so I noticed a
considerable increase in power. But this power gain only shows up at 3500
rpm & above.  This made a huge difference on the track as I was able to
hit as high a speed on the straightaways as the Club Racers.  With my
setup I moved from 322 lb ft. torque to 376 lb ft. and from 296 hp to
348hp.  With the chips alone you will probably not notice too much of a
difference mainly because the car is so powerful just the way it is.  You
may want to give the Dinan chips a try though as they come with a 30 day
money back guarantee. They're not too difficult to install either so you
won't have to pay any labor costs to have them installed.  Check out my
hompage for a chart of the actual hp.torque numbers at specific engine
speeds. The address is listed below. Let me know if you have any more
questions.

Prakash Maggan
'92 DINAN 750iL
Maggan@domain.elided