[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sound proofing/heat insulating material.

>Anyone know of a good material to use for sound profing and heat insulation
>for floors and firewall
>(I seem to get a lot of heat/noise from the exhaust (headers/cat
converter). > I also need something
>to use as hood insulation for my E12 (it's hard to find a hood pad for this
>model).  Anyone done
>this before on an E12? Where are the trouble spots?

You can go to a marine store and ask for the soundproofing foam.  It usually
comes in a 3' x 5' piece.  It is about 1 1/2" thick and has a layer of lead
inside.  One side has a peel off adheseve and the oter has aluminum foil
coating.  Expect to pay $50 - $75.  BTW the lead layer is what REALLY makes
it a good soundproofing material.

Dushan R. Divjak