[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E36> HVAC operation question...

I've read through the manual a couple times, but still haven't
figured this one out. I have a '92 325i with the 2nd generation
HVAC controls (rotary temperature control for both driver and
passeneger). Here's the problem/question:

With the A/C engaged, and the knurled center vent wheel all the
way left (blue), the A/C never seems to disengage no matter how
cold the inside gets (temp controls both turned up to 80).

How does the climate control regulate the temperature? By mixing
hot/cold air and/or by disengaging the A/C compressor? Should
the knurled center vent wheel be set between the blue and red
settings? That seems to at least warm the vent air up. Is
this just operator error (me!), or do I need to pull apart the
dash control unit?

Thanks for any help, as I'm getting tired of pushing the A/C
button in and out to control the temp.

Buster Ashmore
'72 ///M2002
'92 325i