[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

tii conversion

From:	NAME: Thomas L Pappenhagen
	FUNC: CR&D
	TEL: (609) 540-3613                   <PAPPENTL AT A1 AT JLCL01>
To:	"BMW-DIGEST@domain.elided"@ESDS01@MRGATE

I am somewhere along in an attempt to convert my '75 '02 to a
tii.  The engine is in (mated to a 320i 4-speed, using the 320 TO
bearing and tii clutch), the linkage seems to work, and I'm down
to the fuel system.

1) Does anyone have a feeling as to whether I should use the
metal line for the high pressure fuel line, and the plastic line
for the fuel return, or the other way around?

2)  Can someone recommend an alternative fuel pump (w/ or w/o a
fuel pressure regulator)?  I'm not interested in creating an
authentic tii, just in getting this car back on the road.  I have
the tii pump but am really looking to mount this in the trunk so
I would like a pump that provides better suction than the tii (or
so I'vve been told).  I have a spare 528i pump and fuel pressure
regulator if these can somehow be used.

3)  As the donor car had a switch to trigger the cold start valve
I kept this and removed the remaining engine wiring harness
(except for the starter, alt., etc).  Will this cause any
problems?

As soon as I can get fuel to the engine I'll give it a try.

TIA

...Tom

pappentl@domain.elided