[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E30 M3> Running hot. HELP!

My 88 M3 has been running pretty hot while idling
lately.  The temp guage shows a bit over 1/2 when I'm
moving, but climbs up (about 15 sec) to 3/4 & above
when I idiling at a stop.  The car cools down when I
begin moving again.  The main engine fan is working.
I can't stop it from turning.  I did notice that the electric
aux fan is not coming on.

Where are the aux fan temperature sensors in an 88
M3?  There are 2 holes in the bottom left (driver side)
of the radiator, but no senors attached.  Can anyone
tell me where the sensor is on the E30 M3 and how to
test it?

BTW, the fan aux fan is working and there is 2
electrical connectors coming out of what seems to be
the thermostat.  One has 3 wires green, black, and
gray&black.  Can't seem to get the other one off.

Thank you  in advance for any help.
- -----
anthony