[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: E36 Wipers

Tom writes:

> From: NewtMan@domain.elided
> Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 20:22:35 -0400
> Subject: re: E36 Wipers
>
> >>Solution: Rain-X.
>
> You use your wipers less since the water just beads away when driving.
> Only downside to Rain-X is that the first time you use it (make sure you
> bon ami your windshield so that it's clean! <grin>), the effects of
> watching the water droplets fly off can be quite "mesmerizing" ....>>
>
> Thanks David,
>

> But the fact is that I have used Rain X pretty regularly, and still, the
> "wiper line," after and extended drive in the rain, develops --- perhaps
> the "line" consists of acid rain mixing with exhaust vapors or other
> contaminates. Yes, meticulousely cleaning the windshield with the best
> stuff around, and using RainX, and changing wiper blades all the time
> will "reduce"  this problem, but as long as that silly passenger wiper
> stops dead in front of my field of vision, something's gonna build up
> right there after a while.

Agreed. (My apologies if I had jumped ahead, wasn't aware that you wre
using Rain-X already).  Even in my situation, with a clean windshield,
Rain-X, original BMW windshield fluids, I still do get that "mark" on my
318ti as you mentioned on the field of vision after use of wipers.

> Someone suggested to me that the passenger wiper could be possibly
> lifted out and snapped back in place at a slightly different angle, but
> that could cause other problems, I'll follow up on this annoyance with
> my local dealer and see if the right side wiper, which has no need to
> sweep so far across the windscreen, can be adjusted...

Keep us informed.  I'm pretty sure if I asked my dealer about this, he'll
think that I'm nuts since he knows that I'm anal enough as it is when it
comes to my car! :)

	David