[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

VOB in Rockville

Hello folks,

I sensed a volume of negative vibes, all based on VOB experiences.

I still use them since they are located within minutes of my house. Here's
some quick pointers that I found helpfull:

1) Find out all you can about the problem (this forum is still the best
source)
2) Call in advance and explain the situation in a calm yet serious voice.
Find out what parts you may       need and what is covered by your warranty,
and have that info handy.
3) Call in a appointment at the dealer and explain to him/her what needs to
be done and what parts will be needed. Make sure the dealer will have the
parts available. Explain briefly your version of the "cause" of the problem
without trying to look like like wise-ass.
4) remove all warranty un-friendly items and replace with stock. Air intake
kits and chips should be
removed. This way you cover yourself  from a warranty claim argument.
5) Drop the car early at the dealer and walk the service man and the
technitian over the problem areas. Give as much info as you can. I.e the
noise can be heard ,only when downshift at 3400rpm.
(Dont just say:" I hear these weird noises all the time")
6) Call  service rep every  three hours  and check on the status of repair.
7) If you disagree -with anything-  tell them to stop, so you can talk to the
manager/regional rep/small
claims court/laywer (in that order).
8) Call a hour before pick up time, to make sure the car is ready.
9) Pick up the car and dont pay until you're happy.

These steps are common sense, but some people dont really bother and they
open themselves for potential trouble.

If you micro-manage the problem resolution and display good communication
skill you will minimize the risk for  disputes.

Back to the VOB story. I have done over $3k worth of warranty repair w/o
being charged a penny.
If I dont micro-manage the whole process, VOB will screw me like a Makita
drill on nitrous.
I just stay on top and so-far so good.

Before I went to the dealer, I replaced the original airbox, and chip. My fix
list for a E36 M3 was:
1) Instrument panel glass screen was cracked and loose.
2) A/C main vent temp. adjustor was broken.
3) Airbag SRS idiot light was on.
4) Side door M3 emblems had fallen.
5) Fog lights cracked.
6) Passenger door handle was too hard to open.

Vlasis
E36 M3