[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Monterey Historics

WOW!

Loren Luke gave a great description of the weekend...it was so good that
I was fighting my wife (not an auto enthusiast) to get trackside to
watch the races...(my 10 month old son didn't like to be that close, so
we took turns)!
The number of pristine cars from Isettas to original 327/8's to 507's
(now those two are roadsters!), 1600 coupes and incredible converts all
the way to present day M3's, M5's, Z3's...

more modified cars than you could count including an 850 w/ Dinan twin
turbos (600+++ HP) and numerous body mods, and a Z3 w/ E30 M3 engine
installed and suspension mods...wicked car.
And of course about 50 E36 M3's (there were at least 10 M3's at my hotel
alone).
I took about 3 rolls of film, so I hope to have some posted on my www
page by the end of the week, maybe even send into the GGC newsletter...

I also saw Ken Robertson's '85 Dinan turbo 325e...something like 305 hp
and 365 lb-ft of torque...The car is in beautiful shape...Great
weekend...
BTW, does Oktoberfest ever come to the west coast?
john
- --
'87 325 (Dinan Chip)   136k
'94 318i		19k