[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 2002 battery relocation

Jonathon,

moved the battery to the trunk in my 74 2002 about 13 years ago. I forget what
gauge the cable is, but I also got it from a welding shop. I ran it through an
existing hole in the firewall (just added a grommet), along the drivers door
 under the carpet, into the trunk between the rear wheel well and the fender. I
drilled a hole in the floor and fastened it under the car for grounding. For
mounting, I used angle iron, the battery box sits between, and I have a strap
running from the back of the angle iron to the front over the battery. The
carpeting in the trunk pretty much hides the mounting bracket. With this
application, your not limited to the battery for a 2002, get one next time with
more cold cranking power.

Regards,
Rick Paulin
74 2002