[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

535is Diff Swap

Hi everyone.  I've been reading my new BMW Enthusiast book and have been
convinced I'll get a good acceleration boost by swapping my 3.25 (I think
this is what I have) diff. to a 3.46 or 3.64.  Thanks BTW to Jackson
Zimmermann for first putting me on to this idea.  I've heard that I can swap
with another BMW (perhaps a E30) and get a bolt on solution without the
hassles and expense of a re-gear.  Does anyone have any experience with doing
this?  Is this true and if so is it even worth it compared to the re-gear
option?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions and experiences.

Scott
'87 535is