[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

'96 M3 Fuel Consumption

Stuart,

I have averaged 20.8 in the 5000 miles I've had the car.  On long trips I've
recorded 26mpg averaging speeds in the mid 60's (thats a door to door average
from the OBC).  Little blasts in the mountains get me in the 17mpg range.

I tried different driving styles going to work (about a 40 minute trip)  I
could get 23mpg using great care and all my best "economy" techniques, or I
could get 19 or 20mpg in a "no effort" or "almost no effort" attempt.

I am told that before the new CA "clean" gas, I could have expected 10% better
consumption, which is consistent with the loss in consumption in my Miata.

Brendon
'96 M3
'93 MX-5 (higher FUN factor than an M3!:-)