[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

318ti Idle problems

To someone that can help,
This is not a problem of regular 318ti's. It's about a problem I just
have on mine since I just installed the 4.00mm bore throttle body from
ELP. I put the new throttle body on, everything seems in place, but my
idle stays at about 1500rpm when the car is at operating temp. I tried
adjusting the primary throttle screw, and it doesn't help. I even
removed it, to close the throttle switch as much as I can and it didn't
help. My concern is I have an AT, and its harder to stop now. Also, when
you release the brake from a stop, the car jumps like you've just
pressed the gas. I fear it already made tranny damage, since I saw the
tranny light come on once today.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

The instructions said that one thing that may help idle is to retard the
intake cam and set the exhaust cam to "0" on an adjustment tool. But
this spoke of making it smoother and not adjusting speed.

I contacted JC, perhaps the chip may be the cause, I hope he gets to me
soon. I would hate that this causes some sort of damage.

Desperately need answers,
Ruell - :(
318ti Dinan susp. JC chip, Custom Intake, Throttle Bod causing problems.