[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<misc> Monterey Historics

All I can say is that if you were not planning to come but can drive there
(2 hours south of San Francisco), DO IT!  In one hour I saw more historic
BMWs than I thought I'd see in a lifetime of trying.  It was overwhelming!
Just the car wash at the MY BMW dealership in Seaside was astounding.  Must
have been 8 to 10 2800-3.0 coupes.  Then as we were ogling them, we saw it.
A bee yoo tee FULL red pristine 507.  After some light hearted yapping, we
drove over to Laguna Seca for a pre-official look-see.  The venue was open
for the run of the grounds (not the track!).  We saw TEN 328's, two more
gorgeous 507s and thats BEFORE we went to the BMW tent!  These were just
the privately owned cars!  The BMW tent had the M Roadster in addition to
the art cars and the historics.  It will be crowded this weekend but if you
want to see these historic cars, this may be a once in a lifetime.
Outrageous!

Marc Berger
BMW CCA #127312
1985 528e Bahama Beige 143K mi.
1995 Ford Explorer
1997 540iA Cashmere Beige (August 30 factory production date)