[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

What really bothers me about the E36 - the Wipers!

This might sound funny, but I'm really serious about this.... For any of you
that live in areas where it rains from time to time, did you ever notice how
the passenger side wiper blade on an E36 ends its stroke DIRECTLY in front of
your line of vision before it sweeps back across the windshield. Well, after
driving in the rain for ten minutes or so you will also notice that a blurry
wiper blade mark will begin to appear directly in front of you -- precisely
where the wiper blade continuosely stops-and-changes-direction right in front
of your face.  What bothers me is not that the mark or "line" appears on the
windshield [this is after all common with most cars], its that it winds up
being so perfectly 100% right down the middle right between your eyes in
front of you.  I find that the "wiper line" creates an annoying eyestrain and
feeling that I'm almost cross-eyed after extended drives in the rain. After a
while, you begin to focus your left eye to the left side of the line in the
windshield and your right eye on the right side of that damned line!

As you can see this drives me absolutely bonkers!  I tried buying new wiper
blades and they invariably begin leaving that "line" in the windshield after
the very next rain.

I wonder, is there any way to program the passenger wiper to NOT stop
directly in front of the driver's line of view, if it just created the "wiper
line" only a few inches to the left or right, it would be much much less
bothersome. Has anyone else noticed this annoying characteristic of E36
wipers?

Tom

.1996 328is Green & tan      ||||||||||||||||||||||||||   Newtman@domain.elided
.Sports pckg, 5spd              || E36+M52 ||   73233.616@domain.elided
.ASC+T & Harmon Kardon   ||||||||||||||||||||||||||   L.I., N.Y. CCA#111050

.Added: Racing Dynamics Strut Brace
.           BMP/VDO E36 Gauge Cluster
.           BBS Moda 7.5 X 16 rims
.           M-Technic Body Kit