[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

I hate insurance companies

These outrageous rates are caused by simply one thing, liability claims.  Its
not even the costs of repair, even though they are rising.  Its theft and the
lawsuits.  I live in NY, my friends sister was ina car accident last year.
She got a broken leg.  A serious injury to be sure, but it was worth $200K
(less the 30% to the lawyer).  That $200K comes from us.  The bottom line is
that if you live in a state where liability cases are out of control, your
insurance rates will be high.  Support tort reform being circulated in Congress
to put a lid on this nonsense.